2010/04/23

What I have learned from my individual essay.

Hybrid rice
This Tuesday I got my essay paper back and I read the feedback that Miss Kavi wrote for me. I think I learned a lot from this. My essay is about how effective hybrid rice achieves sustainability.

The first paragraph I gave a brief introduction about how important it is for us to achieve food security and maintain sustaniable enviornment. In the following paragraph I explained what is hybrid rice. Then I justified how it is effective for sustainable enviornment by using system approach.
As Miss Kavi mentioned it would be better for me to justified using system approach as a whole rather than I state the input is "seed" and the output is "rice". Further I think adding a diagram will make my essay much more clear for readers to understand. Another thing that Miss Kavi pointed out is that I should avoid use rhetorical qustion in my essay. I will not do this again.
I learned a lot from the essay. I learned how to get useful information. Because hybrid rice is invented in China therefore more information could be found in Chinese and I have to translate that into English. It's quite challenging but also quite fun. I also learned the basic skills of writing a essay. Expressing much but in few words is important so we should make our language clear and succinct.
16 Yuzhi

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 24 April 2010 at 6:36 pm , Blogger IS2104_blog_jh403 said...

I feel the same. System approach is quite challenging for me and I think I stil don't get it. But I agree that a diagram can help organise the idea clearly (though it is a bit hard creating a diagram on the computer). Rhetorical qustions cannot be used in an essay maybe because essay is formal and professional.
:)
Lan Tu

 
At 3 May 2010 at 10:41 pm , Blogger IS2104_blog_jh403 said...

I think besides adding diagrams, we also have to put examples to support our opinions. if not, the argument is not strong enough. moreover, the shorter the paragraph the more likely you will get higher marks because it is easier to follow. So we must remember to structure our argument clearer and shorter.
Anh(22)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home